The Real Minuet Breeders
A website dedicated to preventing Minuet (Napoleon) lovers from being scammed by fraudulent websites claiming to be real Minuet (Napoleon) catteries.
All breeders on this website have been authenticated as being genuine Minuet (Napoleon) breeders, through a rigorous process. This process not only weeds out fake breeders, but kitty mills, backyard breeders, and designer cat breeders.
Note: The Real Minuet Breeders website does not recommend any one breeder over another on this website, nor attests to their prices, the health of their kittens, the way they raise their cats, or any contractual items between the buyer and the seller. Although the breeders on this website are Real Minuet Breeders, they have designed their breeding program to their own specifications. However, we will never list a kitty mill, backyard breeder, or designer cat breeder, whose practices involve animal cruelty and illegitimate breeding of unregistered cats. (Learn more about those on this website). Buyers must educate themselves on what is appropriate for the sale of a kitten and know what they want. We strongly recommend that kitten buyers have an honest discussion with any breeder and trust their instincts about what they learn from that discussion.
The following is how The Real Minuet Breeders authenticated the breeders on this website as authentic breeders of genuine Minuet (Napoleon) kittens.
If you are a breeder who would like to be authenticated and included on this website, please contact Catherine Rudy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be prepared to fulfill the requirements of the authentication process listed below.
Remember, the breeders on this website are authenticated as being real catteries that will provide real kittens; and are not fraudulent catteries promising a kitten and taking money for nothing or a misrepresented cat breed. However, we will not approve a kitty mill, backyard breeder, or designer cat breeder. If you do not know if you are one of these illegal
or illegitimate breeders, learn more about them
The Real Minuet Breeders have been authenticated if:
1. They are personally known by the administrator of this website and known as producing genuine Minuet (Napoleon) kittens.
2. They are known personally by the breeders who were authenticated by personal knowledge of this website administrator and known as producing genuine Minuet (Napoleon) kittens.
3. Have been recommended by three TICA judges and known as producing genuine Minuet (Napoleon) kittens.
Aside from one of the above three criteria, a Minuet (Napoleon) breeder may request to be authenticated by providing at least four of the following. (#2 is required):
1. Proof of being a member of a cat association that recognizes Minuets (Napoleons) as a breed.
2. (Required) A copy of the certified registration of their breeding cats, showing breeding rights are included. This website will not list a Minuet (Napoleon) breeder who breeds cats without breeding rights (also known as a backyard breeder).
3. Contact information of at least three breeders from which their breeding cats came from. The administrator of this website will contact those breeders to verify that their cats came from their cattery and came with breeding rights.
4. If their cattery is registered with a cat association that recognizes Minuets (Napoleons) as a breed, provide a copy of their cattery registration.
5. Provide a copy of at least four certified litter registrations with a cat association that recognizes Minuets (Napoleons) as a breed.
6. If showing, provide proof of at least three show reports of a breeding cat (Adult Championship), with proof of ownership (registration).
7. Recommendation from at least three Real Minuet Breeders listed on this website.
Listing on this website is completely voluntary and helps the public identify genuine Minuet (Napoleon) breeders. We will not list a breeder who has not completed the above authentication process. All documents and information provided will be followed up on to verify them.
The Real Minuet Breeders website reserves the right to remove any breeder on this website if it becomes known that they fall into any category listed on the Bad Breeder Types page.
If you would like to be on the Real Minuet Breeders website, contact Catherine Rudy at email@example.com. Be prepared to provide the above documentation for authentication.
Blueskies Catrice Purrgeron of Tiny Lions
Courtesy of Blueskies Cattery: Blueskies Sheldon’s Soft Kitty, Princess Josephine, and Emma
Remember: Minuets are also known as Napoleons. Therefore, you will see the two names joined together in honor of those who still call these cats by either name.
Note: A Minuet/Napoleon is only authentic if it was bred from a Munchkin to one of the Persian breed group (Persian, Himalayan, and Exotic Shorthair); or a Minuet (Napoleon) to one of the previous, or a Minuet (Napoleon) to a Minuet (Napoleon). Anyone presenting a kitten from a parentage different than those breeds just mentioned, such as a British Shorthair or other breed that mimics similar Persian features, is not selling a Minuet (Napoleon). CHECK PEDIGREES! A kitten that is not bred from the correct foundation breeds will not be able to register as a Minuet (Napoleon) in any cat association, no matter what that breeder says to the contrary.
Courtesy of Bluebonnet Munchkins